Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Jumping Off Twin Towers dr salerian poem

Jumping Off Twin Towers
For Jim Fetzer

I suppose
It would be weird
Unnerving
Watching your self dive
Jumping off twin towers
Leaping to heaven
 “Ooh my God that's me”
A middle-aged soul shouted
“Vow forgot I was on fire
And screaming”
A male voice joined in
“I kept asking for forgiveness
For not believing
Not at church on Sundays
My eyes closed scared I was”
A soft female spirit said
“Is this a miracle or something
We are here today
Reminiscing
The terror of 9/11” she added
“No miracle this is heaven”
An angel said louder
“Why are we watching this bloody show
Is this BBC  in heaven”
“No sir it's not BBC
It is the 20th anniversary
Your birth your arrival
New beginning”angel spoke gently
“I'd rather watch Jeopardy or a game show
Unlike Earth
Here the news don’t lie
Sorry tales by governments
Still depressing my spirits”
A trembling voice offered
Then a new arrival spoke up
“I'm new here, got here yesterday
Before I left the big news in Washington DC
The arrest of the Watergate Kings
Staging 9/11
No airplane struck the Pentagon
Well-established now
Like your trip to heaven
Made possible by
High-tech demolition
Watching  BBC CBS and CNN
Reading the New York Times
I'm bored to death
I'd rather watch a game show”
Cheers and everyone clapping
“Happy anniversary happy birthday”

The Angel  whispered

No comments:

Post a Comment