Monday, March 27, 2017

Rehan And Bernard Prolonged My Life


                 Rehan And Bernard Prolonged My Life
My sister Rehan and brother-in-law Bernard visited me in Athens lifting my spirits bringing joy and excitement to my life for several days in late March 2017.  Both the anticipation of the visit and the exhilaration I felt throughout this marvelous encounter with photographic memories of family bonding and love possibly extended my life by several days.
   This is a scientific guess; because joy is dopamine and dopamine is good for your brain and body.  The opposite of course is true for stress brought on by ordinary unhappy encounters of life as diverse as illness, job loss, cash shortage or the loss of or rejection by loved ones .
  Death, disease and misfortune visit us without any invitation. It is up to us to create happy moments in life. We must take initiative  for happy encounters .Otherwise, our lives may become a  collection of  recurrent sadness and pain  .

3 comments: