Thursday, March 1, 2018

An Open Letter To The Attorney General and The Members Of The House Of Representatives ,Washington D.C.


              Doctors For Equal Rights For Mental and Physical Pain

MARCH 2, 2017


An Open Letter To The Attorney General and The Members Of  The House Of Representatives ,Washington D.C.

·           My name is  Alen J Salerian MD.

I kindly request your assistance to end  the state sponsored persecution of pain physicians and people with chronic pain and mental disorders.

·           I am a physician,  the former  medical director of  the Mobile   Psychiatric Emergency Response Team at the FBI, the president and  the cofounder -of Doctors  Equal Rights For People With Mental And Physical Pain .
·           I practiced psychiatry  in Washington DC over 40 years . . I am proud of  my allegiance to the  Hippocratic oath and to the well being of my patients  regardless of any other external  influence .
·           For several decades I   taught psychiatry at  George Washington University School of Medicine  , made  scholarly contributions to  peer reviewed   medical journals ( The American Journal of Psychiatry, Psychiatric Research and Lancet, etc ) , authored  an editorial for CNS Spectrum , enjoyed the privilege of being a reviewer  on pain for New England Journal of Medicine and  published several books on mental health and brain function.
·           I was not a likely candidate to be a drug dealer or to recklessly endanger the lives of my patients  by excessively prescribing narcotics.
·           Seven years ago  on  March 3  2011, a small army of  armed men raided my home in Bethesda Maryland and  Washington DC.  My family  members, professional staff , patients and myself  endured  unspeakable indignities on that day.  Long  before  I faced any criminal charges of  drug trafficking , 12 people died ,  I became destitute and was forced to close my office without due process. .I also went to prison to have psychiatric evaluation where I endured torture, solitary confinement and rape.
·           Five years after the initial raid and after some $5 million in legal costs  the charges against me  were dropped in 2016.
·           All of the above horrors occurred because of our ill advised war on drugs that let DEA to persecute doctors for practicing Hippocratic medicine.
·           There is no other civilized country in the world where doctors are treated as drug dealers for practicing medicine.
·           HIDTA (High intensity drug trafficking administration) funds enable local police to harass drivers who take prescription pain medications .The same data is  covertly passed on to  the state medical boards to initiate computer generated investigations of  doctors  .
·           The high tech persecution of physicians and pain patients  are authorized  by the US Congress with HIDTA  funds.

Respectfully
Alen J Salerian MD

1 comment:

  1. I miss you Dr. Salerian and I thought you took wonderful care of me when I was your patient. Susan Elizabeth Talbot

    ReplyDelete