Thursday, April 5, 2018

democracia interview dr salerian


DEMOCRACIA NEWSPAPER /GREECE
pflorou@dimokratia.news.gr


           KENNEDY WAS KILLED BY JOHNSON NOT BY  OSWALD
     







Alen J Salerian M.D., an American Armenian psychiatrist,  the former chief of MPERT-FBI  well known for treating Hollywood stars  now lives in Greece, speaks for the first time.





  Alen  J Salerian M.D. is not your typical psychiatrist.
  Born in Istanbul in 1947 to mother Christine Saleri  a well-known Turkish- Armenian painter  and father , Hagop Saleri, an engineer, Dr. Salerian studied medicine in his hometown, before completing  medical internship and psychiatric residency in Washington DC where  he practiced psychiatry for four decades.
During his 40 years in Washington DC Dr. Salerian became well known for his work with  VIPs and Hollywood stars and serving  as the director of MPERT -FBI .After hIs  5 years   at the FBI  he  studied the assassination of President Kennedy.



Dr. Salerian discovered a paradise in Paleo Faero, Greece in 2016 following a  difficult period In his life.
 His lively personality comes across truly his body language, hand gestures and loud voice. His home is decorated by his own artwork-inherited from  painter mother-and his books of poetry rest on the coffee table.
During his first interview with a Greek journalist Dr. Salerian first recalled his FBI days before sharing his observations about the assassination of Pres. Kennedy and psychological profiles of modern Greeks .
First tell me why you chose psychiatry and not another specialty ?
As a teenager I fell in love with Freud and his theories about human behavior. After I became a psychiatrist I Fell in love with human brain
And It’s beautiful biological and psychological complexities. Then I discovered a new way of thinking Beyond of Freud and his ideas of human behavior determined by childhood experiences.
I understand you have treated some well-known personalities? Can you mention some names?
For ethical reasons I will not disclose names. Because it is already a public knowledge I can say openly that I have consulted with Robert Hansen , the infamous American spy , some members of the royal families of Bahrain, British, Saudi  Arabia and several  American celebrities.  I am proud to say I had the privilege to consult with Ulker family, the Turkish international conglomerate and owners of Godiva.


What psychological problems do rich and
famous face?

Depression and drug addictions are quite common. Often substance abuse is a complication of an underlying mood  disorder. It’s not that rich and famous become depressed because they use drugs. One of recent discoveries is most depressions are biological and associated with loss of dopamine in the brain.


I understand you enjoy having difficult patients .
I’m a doctor and I treat everyone. It is unfortunately true especially in private psychiatric practice in Washington DC and other big towns where psychiatrist tend to treat people with less challenging troubles of life. It is much easier and much more lucrative  to treat hey beautiful depressed and unhappy housewife  because of  conflictual relationships then someone within a major brain disorder such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Often people are seriously ill because of brain dysfunction are poor and unemployed. This is a vicious cycle.
What was your position at the FBI from 1993 to 1998?
I was in charge of a service called Mobile Psychiatric Emergency Response Team I had some 17 mental health professionals working with me. Probably my most notable accomplishment came when I I had the honor of debriefing some hundred and more FBI agents -the best of the best-who participated in the tragic Waco  crises  that killed 102  people including many children.
I predicted that  the operational plan was pregnant to a disaster .We were not taking necessary precautions to protect our agents from” noise bombardment” targeted at a mentally deranged  person  and his innocent psychologically vulnerable hostages and their children. After the disaster of course my stock went up. Director Sessions asked my team to do the psychological debriefing.
The Waco siege began in February 1993 after David Koresh, a mentally unstable cult leader and some hundred office followers were reported
to have engaged in illegal actions including polygamy and sex with children. FBI got involved and the siege lasted 51 days .During that time the cult leader and his followers were bombarded by high intensity
noise  to force Koresh and his follower  out.

What were your conclusions about the Kennedy assassination?
A high-level conspiracy killed president Kennedy. Oswald was innocent, several key politicians including Vice president Lyndon Johnson and military figures participated in the assassination and the subsequent cover up.
 My initial interest in in this sad chapter of American history began when I was attending a medical conference in Dallas Texas,  after getting bored by the lectures .I found myself at The Sixth Floor Museum which is one of the most popular museums in America. And it is fake. Until then I had believed what my government wanted me to believe : Oswald was the single assassin. At the museum I watched the Zapruder  movie dozens of times.
Then I realized the official story did not make any sense. And I began my research.


In 2015 you published “JFK: the magnificent journey” your research findings accompanied by your art work and poetry.



I had neither painted nor written poetry until my Kennedy research. Then suddenly the agony from my painful discoveries   of betrayal ,conspiracy , deception and governmental lies burst out of me as poetry and
colors on canvas.  My paintings talk. They tell how JFK lived and died.

Could you outline your views about Greeks?
  You have a wonderful culture and an amazing history.
 Also , modern Greeks seems  stuck in the past.
  I get surprised by how ancient “Greek approach” tot life is .And that is why I appreciate the economic challenges and financial problems faced by Greece. The modern world  is very harsh economically. There’s a lot of competition and you must go and compete in order not to suffer financially.

Dr. Salerian how does the human brain work?
Human brain symbolizes life. It took 8 billion years for the human brain to develop. We must protect our brain if we want to live longer.
 There is no difference between a psychological and a physical problem 
it is the same thing. When someone is happy his brain dopamine level is elevated. Without  dopamine in the brain even when you hear the funniest joke or the most wonderful  music you will not smile or experience  any joy .You would  be like a robot. This is because brain function is both biology and psychology. Life is energy and energy comes from biological and psychological factors.

 How can we protect ourselves from mental illness?

Human brain is a machine and we should take care of it the way we would manage a car  engine . In order to enjoy a  healthy brain, we must exercise, remain intellectually active, have a purpose in life and not simply focus on ourselves but also  give something to others -what I call random kindness -and constantly interact with our environment. These behaviors have lbiological  benefits.

Tell me about your relationship with Greece. When did you first come here?
I came here in 2016. I had three places in mind for relocation, Prinkipo, Bodrum and Paleo Falero. I did not think I could live under Erdogan’s rule. Many of my intellectual friends have told me bluntly   not to stay in Istanbul because I enjoy talking and sharing my ideas  openly .
 They were afraid of my safety .. Even, friends  thought Bodrum  was not safe. When I arrive in Paleo Falero  my taxi driver took me to Flisvos Marina.
   In 30 seconds I had fallen in love with this charming place. My  driver took me to a real estate agent and the very same day I signed a one year  lease. When I informed my family of my  decision to  relocate in Greece they thought I was losing my mind. In retrospect I  have never taken such a fast decision in my life which still feels  as correct as  it felt  two years ago.
  This is a paradise I feel alive I run 5 miles a day swim  play tennis. I think Greece has many opportunities for those who work hard despite unfortunate economic policies of current government..

No comments:

Post a Comment