Saturday, June 11, 2016

MEMOIRS OF A DOG BY DR SALERIAN


Memoirs Of A Traveling Dog



My name is Gus
This man my friend
Kissing hugging 
And helping me travel on a noise boat
Promise of a new life
A fresh beginning
Far away from home my Washington
No pain no misery
Plenty of sun and water
Many dog parks
Marvelous friends

Long harsh journey
Never-ending dog years
A bloody war comes
Hiroshima hot
Gigantic bombs
Relentless bombing
Taliban dogs or beasts
I trembled a lot
Mercy I prayed
Pleading guilty to sins
Never committed
Perfectly dressed lawyers
Counseling  patience  
Violent convulsions
My poor intestines
Terrified bladder
Furious and flooding
My cage Noah’s boat
And Floating

My battle won
My Greek doctor said
”Gus, you  had a bad dream”
Barking and weeping
Not speaking Greek
Making Pavarotti noises
I felt like eating my doctor
Yet I paused and  remembered
The good words of uncle
Preaching radio silence
And just listened
The good doctor
An ocean wide smile
Piercing black eyes spoke

“You delusional dog
This could never happen in America”

1 comment: