Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A LETTER TO STEVEN KENNEDY

December 16, 2014

An Open Letter To Stephen Kennedy

   I'm bankrupt and lost my medical license.  You deserve all the credit for making this happen.
  May I request that ,  in memory of Patrick you review the medical findings  based upon evidence-based medicine.
    A careful  review  shows that the Fairfax County pathologist Dr. Shane Chittenden made a crucial error in his medical report by attributing Patrick’s death to methadone.
   Two separate blood levels ( 210 and 410ng )did indicate that they were in the therapeutic range and not toxic (Harrison's Textbook of Internal Medicine). The initial dosage of methadone was consistent with standard guidelines according to the textbook of Goodman and Gilman therapeutics.
  Two cardiologists and an independent pathologist concluded that Patrick’s death was unrelated to methadone prescribed by me.
 All three experts concluded that the autopsy findings (enlarged heart in a young person with sedentary life, diseased coronary arteries, thickened septum) suggested death was due to a rare congenital heart condition (congenital cardiac hypertrophic myopathy). The lone exception came from your expert consultant a psychiatrist who did not have access to the reports from three experts  and therefore reached his conclusion based  upon Dr. Chittenden’s report.
  I'm terribly sorry you lost your son. I'm truly sorry.  His tragic death was not brought on by me. If you disagree with my findings please show me the scientific evidence  .

Respectfully


 Alen J  Salerian MD

2 comments:

  1. I've tried to post this at least 3 times. Your sons death is tragic and no parent should have to bury a child. But the evidence is clear. So many times things like a heart problem in such a young person is missed. Sylvester Stallone lost his son in a manner very similar to you. I'm a parent and I can't imagine your pain but blaming the wrong person will not bring your son back and as parents we want someone to blame. But Sir this is not Dr S's fault. Everyone grieves differently but ruining someone else's life is not the way to do it. I pray you find peace and realize the blame is being put on the wrong person.

    ReplyDelete