Monday, December 15, 2014

My government WON

 My Government Won
  December 15, 2014

   The collateral damage from the war on drugs are the  injured  doctors who treat chronic pain. How many physicians have been victimized by  misguided strategies are unknown but the estimates are as high as 20,000 doctors in the last 10 years.  The devastation has been silent .  The cost to us- the taxpayers- are in billions.
   My guess is my own government spent some $50 million to  prosecute me in the last four years.
   My government won. I'm no longer practicing, bankrupt and fully dependent on family and friends. 17 people lost their jobs. 1200 patients were left without their trusting  physician. One employee, and seven patients committed suicide. One associate Dr. died suddenly and prematurely . I am incapacitated and battling cancer after spending four months in prison without a trial.
   My government has all my wealth and three cars without due process. I don't have a passport . I am not allowed to leave Maryland without special permission from my pretrial officer. I'm subject to regular surprise home visits and obliged to travel some 70 miles once a month to urinate in a cup to prove that I'm not abusing drugs. I don't have any history of substance abuse. Every test every visit is paid by our taxpayers money.

   I'm still hopeful and thankful our torture may lessen in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. the horrors of the stupid and misguieded who want to enforcethe drug laws .Is not going unnoticed by the junkies against crime who want to round them up to face charges of war crimes for a drug war these traitors have declared on their own people .we too do not forget and dop not forgive expect us.

    ReplyDelete