Thursday, December 31, 2015

I Remember Nagasaki poem-warning --sensitive people should not read




I Remember Nagasaki

I was not born
Not even a thought
Not living in Nagasaki
On August 9, 1945

I was not alive
A collection of cosmic dust
I ‘ll never forget
The sun began melting
Jupiter in tears
Twitching stars
On August 1945

When the bomb came
In space since Big Bang
Some 9 billion years ago
Long before
The earth was born
I had been indifferent
As dust or rock
Totally numb
Unaffected by big fires

But this different fire
In a few seconds
Lava of death
Engulfing
Raining blood
Our silent black universe
Becoming
Read orange glow
Chilling decay of stench
Yelps and smells of sorrow

The next five years
Low-grade radiation
Slowly cars men kids decaying
Smokeless fires
Me smelling the bomb
Since August 9, 1945

From Big Bang to Nagasaki
From non-living things to men
Universe is universe
Fires come fires go
Dust becoming men
Men making wars
Wars burning Nagasaki
Men forgetting kids
Universe on fire

Very much living

No comments:

Post a Comment