Monday, October 13, 2014

Valentine my friend

Valentine my friend 
 Alen J  Salerian MD
 October 13, 2014

    Anthony Todd Valentine saved my life twice.
    My FMC Butner  prison number was 17297084. His was 60038018. We were  both pretrial psychiatric evaluees   .
   I am  a physician. He is a high school dropout with an IQ of 35.   
    I have been raised  with  unconditional love. He's been abandoned .
    He is from a small  Florida village . I am from Washington DC.
    We both have dark skins. He is black I’m not.
    I got  discharged  in 120 days. He will stay 240 days.
    I did not work. He worked for $.75 per day to ensure a  better outcome.  
     I was his tutor . We  both attended 2G poetry club. His poems  made me cry.
     Valentine and I clicked,  Once I passed out in extreme heat  as we raced  just   for fun. He rushed  50 yards  to carry over and bucket of ice and water which  he dumped over me. My wet lungs  made  my slumping body .
     He panicked , ran inside of the main building,  shouting” the doc is dead  let us pray for my pop”.
    And Valentine saved me  one more time when he caterwauled  chasing away two  bullies . The  men who had  ambushed me in the little TV room. .

    Thank you Valentine, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment