Saturday, January 16, 2016

Many Thick Blankets DR SALERIAN POEM

Many Thick Blankets

My father lost his job
Was a pain doctor
We have food stamps
Many thick blankets
No heat
I love my blankets
Cowboy boots
Lots of toys computers
We get little respect
My father says
Respect from others
Not crucial as heat
Our thick blankets
Keeping  me warm
I'm never cold
Feel badly for kids
Marching
On frozen roads
In chilly waters
Watching a dead boy on shore
My father said
You see heat matters
My big brother a doctor
Smart and knows a lot
Loves snorkeling
And thinks
Heat no problem
My  big brother says
Dad mom and I
Should live in the Caribbean
I love my home
Have many friends
And my blanket

What does Caribbean mean?



Note: Some 20,000 pain doctors became destitute victims of the war on drugs in the last 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment