Friday, February 20, 2015

DANGER OF FREE SPEECH my free-floating brain

                           Doctors For Equal Rights For Physical And Mental Pain
        8409 Carlynn Dr. Bethesda, MD 20817               alensalerian@gmail.com
                                           dralensalerian.blogspot.com
       Founding members Siobhan Reynolds Kevin Byers Vanessa Mullin Alen J Salerian



 My Spectacular Rise And Fall And My Brain
 Alen J Salerian MD
 February 20, 2015


  My gift is my courage to freely express my inner world . That's how I have practiced psychiatry and gave birth to observations , theories, articles , books, cartoons, poems , fiction or paintings.
  My gift is also my curse. For I seem to be good at antagonizing many ordinary minds  or enraging a few powerful souls. It doesn't help that when I talk, I jump around , mix larger issues of life with here and now events , animal analogies , poetic philosophy to overinform my audience.
 That's how I lost my medical license. I talked a lot. The DC Board of medicine listened.
 They did not understand me. They heard a rumor that I had killed a young man. They did not have the time  or mental energy to  study crucial data proving my innocence.
   I was unlucky. I had bad lawyers and a mediocre pathologist made a catastrophic error.

The rest is history. Water under the bridge. My 40 year career vanished in a one hour DC Board of medicine hearing.
I understand my spectacular rise and fall. It's my doing.
  Ironically  my  accomplishments have been made possible by the same brain traits   that also triggered my downfall.
 I am most grateful for my heritage, genes family and teachers who sculpted my brain.  Nowadays when   I  find myself in a black hole I'm  hopeful that my own  brain will take me out of abyss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment